A room that meets all of the following criteria:
- Accessible entrance
- Adequate door width (80 cm or 31.5 inches)
- Easy registration process (entrance, lobby, reception desk, payment, key retrieval)
- Room easy to move around in
- Bed at proper height (less than 50 cm or 19.5 inches)
- Sufficient space beside toilet
- Grab bar near toilet
- Sufficient space to turn in bathroom
- Bath: Grab bars for toilet, bath and shower, along with portable transfer bench for bath (available on site or can be rented on request)
- Clearance under lavatory
A hotel whose main activities are accessible, i.e. an establishment that meets all criteria with respect to:
- Hotel access
- Room access
- Ease of moving around hotel room
- Bathroom access
- Ease of moving around bathroom
- Bathroom safety features
Dining rooms, spas and other services may not necessarily be accessible.
- In Québec, Kéroul, an independent and neutral organization mandated by the Ministère du Tourisme, is responsible for evaluating the accessibility of tourist establishments and assigning them an accessibility rating.
- The evaluations are based on Québec’s Construction Code and the feedback provided by travellers and Kéroul evaluators.
- While there are still too few accessible establishments, their numbers are growing each and every year.
- Kéroul wants to provide a quality product and ensure that travelers enjoy a positive vacation experience.
- Tourist establishments join Kéroul on a voluntary basis.
- Other establishments have been evaluated by Kéroul but did not receive an “accessible” rating for various reasons.
- Tourist accommodation establishments built or renovated after 2001 must comply with Québec’s Construction Code and be accessible. Other types of establishments and services must also be accessible, although unfortunately this is not always the case.
- That’s why Kéroul works with various organizations and government departments to raise the awareness of builders and site managers.
- The Tourist and Leisure Companion Sticker gives the companion of a person who is at least 12 years old and has a permanent disability or mental health problem free access to participating tourist and recreational sites.
- To know where the sticker is accepted or to complete the enrolment form, please contact Zone Loisir Montérégie at 450 771-0707 or http://www.zlm.qc.ca/
- Kéroul is the accreditation body for the sticker for travellers from outside Québec. Additional information: 514 252-3104 or email@example.com.
Here are the main information about free of charge privilege for accompanying. Click here.
We suggest you contact Kéroul at 514 252-3104 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A non-profit organization, Kéroul seeks to inform and to represent, develop and promote accessible tourism and culture through Québec for all website, and its magazine. It also has a database with over 5,000 establishments whose accessibility has been evaluated (visit www.keroul.qc.ca). In addition, it works closely with governments and private enterprise to increase accessibility.
Looking for a travel agent? You can count on the agents who received the Kéroul’s Welcoming Ways specialized training. Click here.
You are looking for support or care services during activities outside the home, tour or travel? Here are some resources to discover. Click here.